At the place where once the Dobrich Fair, famous during the National Revival period, was taking place now stands Bulgaria’s largest military cemetery from the First World War. Here lay 3 000 soldiers from six national armies and four religious denominations. Today remnants of the memorable battles near Dobrich are the stone tombstones, the exhibition “Dobrich Epopee 1916”, the alley of flags, the Eternal flame and the Ossuary “Saint Archangel Michael”, built in 1921 and painted by the famous painter from Dobrich, Nicola Tahtunov.
Where: 9300 Dobrich, 53 “25th of September” blvd.
Information on opening hours and entrance fees: tel.: +359/58/605 627 602 642
Learn more ...House Memorial “Yordan Yovkov” “Icons from the National Revival Period from Dobrudzha” ExpositionHouse Museum “Yordan Yovkov” “Old Dobrich” Open-Air Architectural and Ethnographic Museum